Monday, February 4, 2008

Run 7 and 8

Thursday was cold. Cold and the wind cut like a knife, seriously. But we ran our mile. There were five of us for that run. We did the "backwards" mile from Thomas, down Fernway to Clayton down to Wesleyan, up by the library and back by the church.

Megan and I ran two miles on Saturday. It was a good run. The first mile was easy, and it wasn't until we were over half-way up the last major hill of the second mile that I really felt like I couldn't do it. But the blessing/curse of running with someone is that you can't quit. You have to keep going. So, I was able to push through and finish the two miles. And to top it off, I did it in four minutes less than I did last week. I'm pretty proud of that, I must say.

So, we will run tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday. It is a one, two, one that we are running. Then Saturday is 3 miles. I can't even believe that I run one mile, let alone any more than that. It may be a little premature and conceited to say, but I keep impressing myself. But I am so glad that I'm not doing it alone. It is so nice to have someone to run with so I can't back out of runs and to talk me through the rough patches when all I want to do it quit running and walk.

Miles run: 10

Run on,
Carmen

No comments: