Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Run 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13

Let's see if I even remember the past five runs enough to write about them.

The run on Tuesday was a one mile-r. As far as I can remember, it was a good run.
Then we ran 2 miles on Wednesday. We ran out one mile and then ran back. Set a PR for that one. Knocked a minute or two. That always feels good. Then Thursday we ran Wesleyan Drive, a mile. That one is always a killer because we end on a hill, a long hill.

Saturday's run was 3 miles. That's the furthest I've ever run before. Johnna and Connie ran with Megan and me. We didn't make great time, but we made it. I ran 3 miles. There were some moments of not wanting to continue, of me basically telling myself that there was no way I could make it, how could I think that I could run 3 miles?? It was a pure mental battle for the first two miles. Once I hit the third mile, the battle was won, and I finished strong. That was nice. But those first two miles were not cool.

Monday's run was two miles. I ran with Megan, Abby, Beth, Melissa, and Jewel. We did not make good time, but Meg and I increased our speed up the Wesleyan Drive hill, and I made good time up the hill. And it was the first time I didn't feel like I was going to die running up it. That was a great victory for me.

Running is funny. I like the before and after feeling of running. The knowing that I am going to do something good for myself and the knowing that I just did something good for myself is great. The actual running, for the most part, it is not so great. The thing that I am most proud about from Saturday's run is that for the first time I stopped relying on Megan's encouragement and made myself believe that I could make it past feeling awful and finish what I had started. I know that not all runs will be bad and not all runs will be good, but now I know that I can see it through to the end.

Miles ran: 19

Days to go before 5K: 19

Run on,

Carmen

No comments: