Saturday, January 26, 2008

Run 4

We ran our "long run" today. 2 miles. Instead of running outside--because the weather forecast kept changing randomly--we ran @ the REC, on treadmills. It wasn't an awful run, but it was hot. We've been running outside in the cold, and to change to running indoors with heat was a bit difficult for me. But I did it. And was able to speed up at the end. To be able to see what pace I was running at and to change it if I wanted to and know exactly what I was speeding up to was awesome.

I told my parents today that I had used the Christmas money that was supposed to buy curtains and a bookcase to buy my running gear. They are very excited for me. I wanted to wait until I had run for a week before I told them, so it was for real and not something that I was "going" to do.

Five weeks until the Reedy River Run.

Miles run: Five

Run on,

Carmen

Pre-run food: Special K for breakfast; 2 slices of dried pineapple and a few soy nuts for snack previous to run

No comments: