Saturday, January 19, 2008

Buying the Essentials


Today was the beginning of my running journey. I went to RunIn with Megan and Lucas to get new shoes, a decent sports bra, and socks. I also purchased a pair of pants to run in at Target. I am excited about this new adventure, but I am also nervous. I am not a runner; never have been, but I am not going to let that stop me. I will be running with Megan, and she promises that we will start off slow and build up to a 5K @ the beginning of March. So, there is my first "long term goal." My first short term goal is to be able to actually run a mile.

My purpose for running: weight loss and overall healthier lifestyle
My long term goal: Marathon (maybe, half-marathon, at least)

So, here goes nothing, as they say.

My new favorite website. Enjoy!

Run On,

Carmen

No comments: